Thursday, May 20, 2010

Eating

I'm thinking that it is really time for Jim Beau to start enjoying his first foods.   He still really loves his milk and I'm not sure I'm ready to cut back on that until I think he has the eating thing down a little better.  We had a cardiology check up today and he is gaining weight, just not enough.   Tonight I gave him cereal and sweet potatoes.  It is so funny.  He doesn't open his mouth, but instead I put the spoon up to his lips and he sips it off of the spoon. Very messy!  



He has reverted back to waking up every three hours at night to take a bottle.   He nearly takes four ounces at a time at night, which  is really good for him.  During the day, however, I think he is distracted by the things around him and he won't take that much and so it seems like he is eating all day long!     I would LOVE to get him on a better schedule, but right now I'm just going to feed him when he's hungry.  Eat Jim Beau!!

1 comment:

Jennifer Tenney said...

It sounds like he is doing amazing! Eating the solid foods really helped Dakota in general with her eating! Although it is still a daily struggle for us ... yesterday was a bad eating day .... it is not the torture that it was for the first 6 months of her life. Keep up the good work Jim Beau!
Hugs,
Jennifer

Post a Comment