Thursday, May 13, 2010

Well Baby Check Up

We had Jim Beau's 4 month Well Baby check up today.  He is really 5 1/2 months old, but he could not get any immunizations until 8 weeks after his heart surgery, so we are a little behind.    He is 25 inches long and weighs 12 lbs.   It makes me laugh because Jim Beau's cousin Alexa who is about 6 weeks old, already weighs 12 lbs!

I asked the doctor to figure out what percentile Jim Beau is in because Paul is always wanting to know that.  Turns out he has been in the 0 percentile for weight the past three times he has been weighed!!   Let's hope he really catches on to the cereal thing so that he can gain some weight.   Doc put him on a bigger dose of Zantac to help with reflux, so maybe it will start feeling better to him to eat more.   He is in the 44% for head circumference (shocker!) and 14% for length.

Jim Beau wasn't too excited about the rice cereal so I went ahead and tried the oatmeal and I think he likes it!  I'm also already trying pears and apples.   Yesterday and today he actually opened his mouth for me to put the spoon in, so that is good!    Here is a picture from a few days ago!

2 comments:

Angie, "Yo' Navy Mama." said...

I thought I commented here earlier! Darn it! I just think JB has discriminating tastes, that's all. Thanks, MA, for doing this blog. I love visiting and seeing Jim Beau's little smile and hearing his progress. It touches my heart.

Jennifer Tenney said...

LOL! I have a picture of Dakota with that same face ... oatmeal worked for her too. I cannot tell you how excited I was to actually see her open her mouth and ask for food. Good luck on the feeds!
Hugs,
Jennifer
Mom to Dakota 12-25-2008
RCDH survivor

Post a Comment